Rideout Health and director Paul DeMeritt announce auditions for a local touring live musical theatre production of "Rideout Healthy Kids: Live Well!" an original 40 minute musical performed by 3 actors, designed to teach Yuba-Sutter elementary and middle school students the
"8 Healthy Habits" of successful living.
Thought provoking and fun, Rideout Healthy Kids — The 8 Healthy Habits is an interactive musical theater performance that uses light-hearted comedy (think Nickelodeon or Disney Channel) to show students it's cool to be healthy by using skits (often with student participation), humor, and music aimed to teach students how poor health habits will affect them now and later in life.
Actors sing, dance, act and show that it's fun to be more active, watch less TV, and make better choices to eat healthy and stay active. This production is designed for kids in elementary through middle school.
Actors must be able to sing, dance, act
AND must enjoy performing for and interacting with children from K through 6th grade. Applicants need to have a youthful appearance. Applicant must be enthusiastic, have the ability to sing, do dance/movement, and have the ability to serve in a public relations role and be a positive role model for children. Positive, energetic, friendly, and confident with the ability to be natural and real.
- Likes to be the center of attention and a total "people person."
- Extroverted personalities are preferred.
- Must be comfortable in front of a crowd of 50 to 200+ at a time.
- Excellent team/ensemble player.
- Audience interaction is required along with memorizing a script.
- Actors will assist audio technician with load in and strike of backdrop and performance materials.
- Rehearsals will take place in the Yuba-Sutter community during the month of January, weekday evenings.
- Performances will take place during a 3-4 week period during February-March, 2014
- The production may run spring and fall for up to 3 years; performers may be asked to perform in future seasons.
- These are paid, part-time non-union performance positions. Actor/Educators are independent contractors for up to 100 hours per season. Average starting pay is $18 per hour.
- Final applicants must complete "Live Scan" fingerprinting through the Sutter County Sheriff's Department.
Gender: Male, Female
- Male – Tenor or Baritone
- Female – Soprano or Alto
Body Type: Open, but generally fit
Age: 18 – 30+
Hair Color: Any
- Monday, December 16, 2013 – 6:30 – 8:30 pm (5 minute increments)
-Tuesday, December 17, 2013 – 6:30-8:30 pm
- Call backs: Wednesday, December 18, 2013 – 6:30 – 8:30 pm
Yuba City First United Methodist Church
3101 Colusa Hwy, Yuba City, CA 95993
- Be prepared to sing 32 bars of an up tempo, memorized preferably comedic song
- Be prepared to present a 1 minute, memorized preferably comedic monologue
- Bring resume and head shot or similar photograph
- Audio playback and accompanist will be provided
- Callbacks will include a short dance/movement audition and cold readings from scripts.
To sign up for an audition appointment:
Please email Paul DeMeritt at email@example.com your interest. Be sure to include your phone number. Paul will confirm your appointment via email or phone call.