Rideout Hospice, Compassionate Care for Terminal Illness
939 Live Oak Blvd., Yuba City
License # 230000211
Caring for Patients. Caring for Families. Caring for the Community.
Rideout Hospice, Compassionate Care for Terminal Illness is a program designed
to make coping with terminal illness easier. Service is provided in the
patient's home, skilled nursing facility or assisted living facility.
The program is comprised of a health care team who work together to address
the full range of medical, psychological, social, spiritual and practical
problems that the patient and family may experience.
Dedicated nurses, physicians, social workers, volunteers, chaplain and
others help individuals with limited life expectancy maintain their independence
The patient and family together are considered the recipients of care.
They benefit from a philosophy based on compassionate care and understanding
of terminal illness. Special emphasis is placed on relieving pain and
making the final days of life peaceful and meaningful for everyone.
Hospice utilizes special therapeutic care in familiar surroundings to enhance
the patient's overall well being. Supportive care is provided to the
patient, family and caregiver through a team approach, drawing on all
members of the hospice team for their specific expertise.
Who Qualifies for Hospice Care?
- Patients where cure is not possible or desired and there is a limited life
expectancy (usually six months or less)
- Patients diagnosed with the following*
- COPD, CHF
- CVA, Stroke
- Any cancer
- Failure to thrive
- Parkinsons disease
- Renal failure (Kidney Disease)
- Liver disease
* These are just a few...any person with a diagnosis not listed may still qualify.
What to Look For?
- Patient refuses further care/ hospitalization
- Patient expresses end of life care
- Patient continues to decline despite recent curative treatment
- A wound that is not healing
- Weight loss / lack of appetite
Who Can Refer A Patient to Hospice?
Anyone can refer a patient to hospice.
- Patients themselves
- Family members
- Hospital discharge planners
The mission of Rideout Hospice, in partnership with Rideout Home Health
is to provide patients and their families comprehensive, holistic 24-hour care.
Our professional staff will assist the patient and the family with problems
related to the illness and teach the family how to provide the needed
care. Care is adjusted as needs change. Hospice support continues for
surviving family members after the death.
An informational session can be scheduled to take place at home, at the
hospital, or our Hospice office with the patient and family.
The Hospice team is composed of dedicated professional staff:
- Registered Nurses
- Medical Social Worker
- Certified Home Health Aides
- Therapy (Physical, Speech & Occupational)
- Qualified Hospice Volunteers
- Bereavement Counselors
- Volunteer Coordinator
- Hospice Supervisor
- 24-hr Nursing support
- Paid comfort medications
- Symptom management/pain control
- Paid durable medical equipment
- Respite care
- Emotional and psychological support
- Counseling for patients, family members and caregivers
- Spiritual support
- In home patient assistance with activities of daily life
- Continuous teaching of end-of-life care
- Resources to the community
- Bereavement support and follow-up for one-year
For information about Rideout Hospice, in partnership with Rideout Home
Health services or to schedule an information session please call 790-3006.