The Rideout Neurosurgery Center treats the entire spectrum of brain, neck, and spinal conditions, from critical head trauma to ongoing functional management. Each surgeon has unique talent in a specific area that complements the others. Some of these areas include:
- Cervical Disk Replacement – Anyone who has experienced the intense arm pain, arm weakness, or numbness and neck pain knows how painful a damaged or degenerative cervical disc can be. Sometimes a spinal disc simply becomes too deteriorated to function normally. When that happens the only alternative might be to replace it with an artificial disc designed to maintain motion and relieve pain and discomfort.
- Lumbar Spine Fusion – Spinal fusion is a surgical technique used to combine two or more vertebrae. Lumbar fusion is used primarily to eliminate the pain caused by abnormal motion of the vertebrae by immobilizing the vertebrae themselves.
- Microdiscectomy – A microdiscectomy is typically performed for a herniated lumbar disc and is often effective for treating leg pain, including sciatica.
- Brain Tumors – A brain tumor is an abnormal growth of cells found in the brain tissue itself, or located just outside the brain but still within the skull. Although it is a delicate procedure requiring advanced skill, most brain tumors can be successfully removed surgically, often using a minimally invasive approach.
- Trauma – Head injury or brain trauma requires immediate intervention. Unlike other severe trauma conditions, head injuries usually can’t be stabilized. Victims must be operated on and the trauma relieved immediately.