June 20 and June 21, 2014. Doors Open at 7P – Show at 8P | Colusa Casino Resort
A PIO, an RN, a Police Officer, a Realtor and a Civil Engineer Officer in the US Air Force -- plus other fabulous folk are among the local celebrities participating in the fourth annual "Dance with Our Stars" fundraiser June 20 & 21, at Colusa Casino Resort. Here's the line-up:
FRIDAY, June 20
- Celebrity Fritzie Desmond Rhody - Pro Gabe Ramirez
Celebrity Chuck Smith - Pro
- Celebrity Londa Lamb - Pro Tim Davis
- Celebrity Jodie Beck - Pro Andre Licon
- Celebrity Mike Pasquale - Pro Michele Blake
- Celebrity Martha Griese - Pro Luis Uribe -
SATURDAY, June 21
- Celebrity Joelle Fuhrmann - Pro Adrian Uribe
- Celebrity Robert Ozenberger - Pro Cyndi Shatswell
- Celebrity Jennifer Hilleary - Pro Nick Hughes
- Celebrity Josh Ellersick - Pro Cheylene Della Maggiori
- Celebrity Amy Hendrix - Pro Kevin Schauer
- Celebrity Martha Griese - Pro Luis Uribe
Carmen Smith and
The fourth annual Dance with Our Stars (DWOS), a benefit for the Rideout Health Foundation (RHF) and the American Red Cross, North Eastern (ARC), will take place June 20 and June 21 at Colusa Casino Resort, 3770 California 45, Colusa. The event is a spinoff of the hit television show "Dancing With the Stars."
The event is underwritten by the Colusa Casino Resort. "Colusa Casino pays for everything," explained Carol Ramirez, VP, RHF. "They provide the venue, the professional sound and lighting and their staff to help during the event. It's an incredibly generous gift to us."
Last year, Dance With Our Stars was entirely sold out and raised more than $120,000, proceeds were split evenly between the ARC and the RHF. "We're expecting that this year we'll have another full house and even bigger benefit," said Ramirez.
Each "Celebrity" has a dance professional that guides them through more than a 12 week training process. The evening of the event, the dancers will perform (2) 2-minute styles of dances. All dancers will perform a specific style of dance (chosen by the judges) as their first dance and the second performance is the "Dancer's Choice".
Judges Choice Award is for dancing ability, and
People's Choice – goes to the dancer that raises the most money the night of the event and
Voter's Choice goes to the dancer who has raised the most sponsorship money.
There is a limited amount of tickets still available for both nights. Each evening the Ballroom can accommodate over 500 people. Tickets are available now by calling, 530.751.4070 or can be purchased online by visiting www.frhg.org/giving.
General Seating tickets available for $35.00 each. Sponsorship information is available by calling 530 751.4070.
Even if one is not attending, they can still support the effort by donating online or by contacting the RHF or the ARC to purchase as many $1 vote tickets as one would like. This donation will be attributed to their favorite dancer and will help him or her win the coveted "Voter's Choice" Award.
Proceeds from this event will benefit:
- The Rideout Health Foundation so that they may contribute to the on-going success of Rideout Health by supporting capital improvement projects, technology and programs benefitting patients and the community.
- The American Red Cross of Northeastern California to offer domestic disaster relief; community services for the needy; support and comfort for military members and families; the collection and distribution of lifesaving blood and blood products; educational programs that promote health and safety; and international relief and development programs. We hope you will participate!
For more information call:
Carol Ramirez, VP- 530 751-4070 (Rideout Health Foundation) Martha Griese, Chair - 530 673-1460 (American Red Cross of NE Ca.)
Photo opportunities are available at rehearsal on Thursday, June 19 or during the performances on June 20 or 21. Please call to let us know you're coming – 530 751-4070.