As the need for nurses, physicians and other healthcare professionals intensifies, the need to support talented and dedicated people through scholarships and other forms of encouragement and assistance is also growing.
The Board of Directors of the Rideout Foundation selected, Tracy Perez, RN, FMC and Virginia Medina, RN, FMC. Both are pursuing their BSN.
Tracy and Virginia are exemplary nursing professionals and the Foundation is proud to support their continuing education efforts. Each year, approximately $65,000 is awarded to hospital employees and to local students who wish to pursue careers in health through scholarships and financial aid programs.
These are important investments in healthcare for all of us. The talented professionals who build their knowledge and skills as caregivers now — will care for us, and for our loved ones and neighbors one day.
Funding for these awards comes from generous donations made to the Rideout Foundation by individuals and businesses from Marysville and Yuba City, and surrounding communities. Some funds are in the form of outright donations, while others are through endowment funds established specifically for this purpose, such as those in honor of the Janice H. Frank Scholarship.
The Janice H. Frank Scholarship was established in 2010 in recognition of Janice Frank's many years of outstanding service and her skilled and dedicated leadership as a supervisor and director of nursing at Rideout Health.
Rideout employees meeting the following criteria are eligible to apply. No proof of financial need must be established; however, it may be a determining factor in final selection:
- Be a graduate or graduate candidate from an accredited school of nursing or college for the purpose of pursuing a Bachelors or Masters Degree in a healthcare field
- Have two written letters of recommendation from supervisors, employees, colleagues
- Submit a written essay describing why they wish to pursue a career in nursing leadership
Criteria for and Continuation of The Janice H. Frank Scholarship
Each recipient will receive a scholarship up to$3,000 per applicant. Applicants may apply for the scholarship annually.
- Selection is dependent upon, but not limited to, the following factors:
- Maintenance of a 3.0 grade point average in the educational program
- Student completes program within appropriate time-frame and receives degree
- Participation in activities at Rideout Health, such as health fairs, recruitment fairs, etc …
For more information regarding the Rideout Foundation or its health care scholarships, please call the Foundation at 530 751-4070, or visit www.frhg.org.