Capital Campaign: Emergency Department Expansion
Ready. Set. Grow.
Emergency Department Expansion Project
In order to continue to meet the needs of our community and the ever-growing
demands on it, the Emergency Department at Rideout Memorial Hospital in
Marysville must expand.
Visits to the Emergency Department, the area's only emergency care
facility, have more than doubled in less than a decade, from 25,455 in
2001 to nearly 55,000 in 2010.
Currently, our emergency facility comprises only 12,000 square feet; state
and local emergency planners tell us we need an additional 5,000 square
feet in order to keep pace with demand.
While the dedicated Emergency Department staff do everything possible to
minimize the wait for treatment, a facility designed for only half the
number of current patients understandably suffers from overcrowding, lack
of privacy and long line-ups.
An expanded Emergency Department will allow us to deliver emergency services
in a safe, efficient and patient-friendly manner. It is critical to maintaining
the quality of life in our region - now and in the future. This expansion
will serve our community for many years to come.
"The Rideout Memorial Hospital Emergency Department is a vital resource
for our community. It is the
full-service emergency and trauma facility in Yuba, Sutter, Colusa and
southern Butte Counties. The expansion project is all about helping our
community, and we are counting on the community's support to help
us reach our goals."
- Carol Ramirez, VP, Rideout Foundation
The Rideout Emergency Department Expansion includes:
- 13 multi-use Observation beds in the 5,000 square foot addition - alleviating
pressure on inpatient beds by patients still being observed and assessed,
and improving arrival-to-admission times
- Two Rapid Care exam rooms - improving door-to-discharge times
- One additional Triage room (for a total of two) -- substantially improving
patient assessment and care
The Expanded ED will:
- Offer patients more privacy
- Allow ED staff to treat non-emergency cases more quickly
Did you know?
- More than half of admitted patients at Rideout Hospital enter through the
- Rideout Emergency Department sees close to 150 patients on average a day
- The Emergency Department, by law, must see every person who comes there,
- Between now and 2020, Emergency Department visits are projected to increase to 75,000
"The Emergency Department is a critical facility for our region. You
would be hard pressed to find a family around here who has not had an
experience with our Emergency Department or who doesn't know someone
- Darin Gale, Chairman, Board of Directors, Rideout Foundation
Why Support the Emergency Department Expansi
- You recognize the important role your community hospital plays and want
it to be the best it can be.
- You want to make an difference in lives of your neighbors, friends and
family, (even yourself!), who may suffer a medical emergency.
- You know that FRHG's delivery of quality care is made possible by contributions
from people like you.
- How to donate for our ED Expansion
Make a Donation or Pledge Today!
It's as simple as 4-easy steps to donate to the Rideout Foundation online!