Caring for Everyone Regardless of their Ability to Pay
Rideout Health leads the community in unreimbursed medial care services. In fiscal year 2013/14, Rideout Health provided unreimbursed community benefits programs and services, including unreimbursed medical care services; benefits for vulnerable populations and the broader community, and health education classes and programs.
Rideout Health addressed the following community needs: access to care for individuals without a medical provider; education and screening programs for special populations and health conditions; community flu vaccination clinics; special support services for hospice patients, families and the community; support of community nonprofit organizations; education and training of health care professionals; and collaboration with local schools through our Teen Leadership Council program to promote interest in health care careers.
Charity Care and Unreimbursed Care | Community Benefits
In FY2013-2014 Rideout Health contributed the following:
Charity Care and Unreimbursed Care
Rideout Health provided $21,116,696 in charity care and unreimbursed hospital care to patients at Fremont Medical Center and Rideout Memorial Hospital.
Medicare Payment Shortfalls
The total of government program costs provided was $12,549,714.
Rideout Health provided $214,687 in community benefits and services.
On Call Physician Program
Rideout Health provided $7,633,849 for the On-Call Physician Program; Intensivist/Hospitalist Program; and Surgicalist Program. These programs provide physicians (inpatient) care for Emergency Room patients who have no physician and are indigent or on Medi-Cal.
Community Benefits provided to the community by Rideout Health include
- Charity care and un-reimbursed medical care
- Financial and human resource assistance to a variety of local community organizations
- Donations of equipment and supplies
- Membership and volunteer involvement in local chamber of commerce, civic and service organizations
- Cancer awareness programs and support groups
- Heart Health Awareness programs, including nutrition and fitness information and heart health screenings
- Diabetes education through free Community Health Education Classes
- Maternity education through free Community Health Education Classes
- Tobacco education through free Community Health Education Classes
- Maternity care for non-insured or Medi-Cal patients
- Hospice Volunteer Training program
- Support group facilitation
- Physician recruitment to meet community needs
- Community event participation
- Nursing and clinical education program
- Health Fair participation
- Chico State University Nursing Program
Download our Community Health Report for FY 2013-2014